On this Inauguration Eve, President-elect Barack Obama has filled in a few more blanks at the Office of Management and Budget.
- Jeffrey Liebman, a Harvard Kennedy School of Government professor, was named executive associate director for OMB.
- Steve Kosiak, vice president for budget studies at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments, was named associate director for Defense and International Affairs.
- Robert Gordon, a senior education policy fellow at American Progress, was named associate director for Education, Income Maintenance and Labor.
- Xavier de Souza Briggs, an associate professor of sociology and urban planning at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, was named associate director for General Government Programs.
- Preeta Bansal, a law partner at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher and Flom LLP in New York City, was named OMB General Counsel and Senior Policy Advisor.
- Kenneth Baer, a private sector communications strategist, was named associate director for Communications and Strategic Planning.