Jacqueline Berrien was sworn in today as chairwoman of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. President Obama installed Berrien in a recess appointment March 27. Berrien is the 14th person to head EEOC, and was previously the associate director-counsel of the NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund. Former Georgetown University law professor Chai Feldblum was also sworn in as a commissioner today.
- New in petitions: Honor Yogi Berra, fix military benefits problems
- NFL waives tax-exempt status; members of Congress rejoice
- Is your mom a federal hero?
- Federal employee union opposes controversial Indiana law
- Former DHS chief Janet Napolitano on DHS funding: Spoiler alert, she is not happy
- Learn about GSA’s OASIS acquisition program at our free webcast tomorrow (Jan. 27) at 1 p.m. EST
- FedRAMP getting new PM for Operations
- The Onion takes shot at Postal Service stamp ideas
- Attorney General: No more federal agency asset forfeiture
- Veterans Day moment of silence dropped from compromise National Defense Authorization Act