Federal Times would like to hear from you regarding the $1.1 million in controversial expenses made by the Washington-area Combined Federal Campaign.
As we first reported last night, the Office of Personnel Management’s inspector general criticized a string of expenses made by Global Impact between 2007 and 2009, including:
- $11,315 for a night out for 600 at a Washington Nationals game;
- $1,500 to hire Howard University’s jazz band for a conference;
- $1,159 for a nighttime tour of Washington;
- $680 for chair massages; and
- $102,503 for meals over three years.
How does this make you feel? Does it shake your confidence in how the federal government’s massive charity drive is run? Will it make you think twice about donating to, or volunteering for, the CFC? Or do you think the revelations are no big deal? Write me at email@example.com. If you’d like to share your thoughts anonymously, that’s fine.