Gordon Gekko would probably shed a tear at this promotional video released by the government today. For just over a minute, the video lavishes attention on a new $100 bill rolled out today, as Ben Franklin’s famous visage soars and gyrates around the screen and inspirational music plays in the background. The video highlights in big blue letters the bill’s new security features: a 3-D security ribbon, a portrait watermark, a security thread, color-shifting numerals and a “bell in the inkwell,” whatever that means.
- New in petitions: Honor Yogi Berra, fix military benefits problems
- NFL waives tax-exempt status; members of Congress rejoice
- Is your mom a federal hero?
- Federal employee union opposes controversial Indiana law
- Former DHS chief Janet Napolitano on DHS funding: Spoiler alert, she is not happy
- Learn about GSA’s OASIS acquisition program at our free webcast tomorrow (Jan. 27) at 1 p.m. EST
- FedRAMP getting new PM for Operations
- The Onion takes shot at Postal Service stamp ideas
- Attorney General: No more federal agency asset forfeiture
- Veterans Day moment of silence dropped from compromise National Defense Authorization Act