So lets have a little bit of fun today. It seems that every group, school and town is getting a list, so lets add federal employees to those groups! Feel free to add your own at the bottom of the blog.
1. When people shout “high five!” and your first thought is “over my dead body.
2. Jan. 1 doesn’t even hold a candle to Oct. 1. Its the cleanest slate you can imagine.
3. You give your children 180 days to respond to a new rule you are proposing. Corollary: You refer to your family as “stakeholders.”
4. You groan audibly when anyone starts an argument with the phrase “The government is like a household…”
5. Your position was eliminated months ago but you are still working at the office.
6. They don’t make service pins in denominations high enough to represent your years of service.
7. You remember the first push for more telework, and the second, and the third and the fourth …
8. Every year you write a Sammie speech you never get a chance to read.
9. You actually used to know a GS-3.
10. You brag about how many agencies you are older than. Although every fed gets one…