Senate Democratic leadership has announced who will be serving on the conference committee to iron out differences in the House and Senate versions of the stimulus bill.
- Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev.
- Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus, D-Mont.
- Appropriations Committee Chairman Daniel Inouye, D-Hawaii
- Finance Committee Ranking Member Charles Grassley, R-Iowa
- Appropriations Committee Ranking Member Thad Cochran, R-Miss.
Both Finance and Appropriations were heavily involved in the creation of the Senate version, with each committee holding markups on their portions.
And for the House:
- Appropriations Committee Chairman Dave Obey, D-Wis.
- Ways and Means Committee Chairman Charles Rangel, D-N.Y.
- Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Henry Waxman, D-Calif.
- Appropriations Committee Ranking Member Jerry Lewis, R-Calif.
- Ways and Means Committee Ranking Member Dave Camp, R-Mich.