So last week we wrote that the General Services Administration was keeping quiet on where President-elect Obama’s transition headquarters was located. Apparently the D.C. traffic department didn’t get the memo that it was being left to the transition team to reveal the hideout.
The District Department of Transportation released a detailed description of the location in a press release about traffic restrictions to protect the transition office. Here is what the DDOT had to say:
- D Street, NW between 5th and 6th is closed to vehicular traffic and parking is restricted.
- Northbound 6th Street St, NW, between Indiana Avenue and E Street, is reduced to one lane of traffic.Â The other 2 northbound lanes are blocked off.
- Indiana Avenue, NW, between 5th and 6th Streets, has been temporarily converted to accommodate two-way traffic until the traffic restrictions are lifted on D Street.
- No parking is allowed on the west side of 5th Street, NW, between Indiana Avenue and E Street.
- No parking is allowed in the curb lane on the south side of E Street, NW, between 5th and 6th Streets.
- The east side of 6th Street is closed to pedestrian traffic.
Â What’s more, an intrepid worker in a nearby building snapped the above photo with his iPhone.